Album: Like Doves and Roses
Quick Thoughts: I was honestly starting to wonder if we'd ever get new music from Ruby the Rabbitfoot given the distance between now and Divorce Party, but this was a surprise new listen that was a welcome surprise. The songwriting and production are a little lighter in all ways for this effort, but it's like she found a happy medium between the synth-heavy Divorce Party and her debut. Still, this is great and I'm so glad to have more music. Welcome back.
Songs of Note: "My Heart's a Disco Ball," "Even If I Could," "Let Me Know Where"
Quick Thoughts: Aoife Nessa Frances is a little underrated on the singer-songwriter side, and one would hope this album could get her more attention. It's a great listen, with a real gentle feel and some gorgeous instrumentation. Feels like a folk album out of the 1970s, or some of Bedouine's recent work. A great listen in a week of great listens.
Songs of Note: "This Still Life," "Emptiness Follows," "Only Child," "Back to Earth"
Quick Thoughts: Nosaj Thing is better known for his production, but I do love his albums and this latest one is similarly awesome. He has a different take on this stuff that is reminscent of more of an acid jazz in some places and straight electronic in others. I loved this, you will too.
Songs of Note: "My Soul or Something," "Woodland"
Album: When I'm Alone
Quick Thoughts: I've dug girlpuppy for a while, but I was pleasantly surprised at this one. It's a fascinating listen with a light approach, and feels real and honest when it could easily go the other way and end up being too cute by half. In a busy week, this is worth your time, and if you don't immediately fall in love with "Swallow," I don't want to know you.
Songs of Note: "Swallow," "Denver," "Destroyer"
Album: Scorpio Season
Quick Thoughts: I didn't know Puppy Angst prior to this week, but man, bands that kind of sound like their name? This is up there, at least with the angst part. It's loud and brash and has a lot of attitude, and songs like "Eternal" are somewhat brutal (in a good way) in its presentation. I'm totally sold on this, and it's a favorite this week.
Songs of Note: "Yellow Paint," "In Sensitivity," "Timetaker," "Eternal (Stream of Consciousness)"
Album: Marlowe 3
Quick Thoughts: Ken has been raving about Marlowe's latest efforts, and I didn't want to let this go by without pointing out that this is probably one of the best rap albums of 2022, and "Past Life" in particular one of the best rap songs I've heard in recent times. Make time for this one.
Songs of Note: "Past Life," "The Jeweler," "Lamelo"
* Leaf Library - Library Music Volume One (A great listen with a lot of interesting facets.)
* Trampled by Turtles - Alpenglow (Arguably their best in a long time.)
* Ghost Funk Orchestra - A New Kind of Love (Fun and offbeat.)
* Martha - Please Don't Take Me Back (Sharp alt-indie.)
* Scout Gillett - No Roof No Floor
* Native Harrow - Old Kind of Magic
* Luke Haines and Peter Buck - All the Kids Are Super Bummed Out
* The Mothermold - Flesh of My Flesh
* Palm Ghosts - Post Preservation
* Dear Nora - human futures
* Babehoven - Light Moving Time
* Che Noir - The Last Remnants
* Sister Wives - Y Gawres
* Let's Eat Grandma - The Bastard Son and The Devil Himself (Original Soundtrack)
* Kailee Morgue - Girl Next Door
* Asgier - Time on My Hands
* Alison Wonderland - Loner
* Yung Gravy - Marvelous
* Nancy - English Leather
* Jackie Hayes - Over & Over
* Sky Wallace - Terribly Good
* Fred again... - Actual Life 3 (January 1 - September 9 2022)
* The Ghost of Paul Revere - Goodbye
* Honey Harper - Honey Harper and the Infinite Sky
* TVAM - High Art Lite
* King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Changes
* Klein Zage - Feed the Dog
* The Amplifier Heads - Rectifier
* QUEEF JERKY - QUEEFLEMANIA
* Carsie Blanton - Wolf
* Mali Obomsawin - Sweet Tooth
* Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors and Johnnyswim - Goodbye Road, Vol. 2
* Mr Twin Sister - Upright and Even
* Elke - My "Human Experience"
* Ship Wrek - Metaphysical
* Darren Hayman - You Will Not Die, Pt. 4
* Your Old Droog - The Yodfather
* Ekko Astral - Quartz
* Tigers Jaw - Old Clothes
* Dustbowl Revival - Set Me Free
* The Skippy White Story: Boston Soul 1961-1967 (Curated by Eli "Paperboy" Reed!)
* Wand - Spiders in the Rain (Live album.)
* Dead Cross - II
* Soraia - Bloom
* Frenchy and the Punk - Zen Ghost
* Nightmarathons - Hidden Vigorish
* LUCY - February Motel
* The P.A.'s - Novo
* Jerry Only - Anti-Hero
* The Big Sway - We Made This For You
* The Great Divide - Providence
I don't know what i did to my now ex husband that him decide not to love me anymore he was not giving me attention again, he was always on his phone and was secretive about it anytime i tried to come close to it and untop of that he said he did not want to have anything to do with our only daughter anymore and when i told people about it like my family it seemed hard to believe cause he was always loving and caring anytime people are aroundbut with the help of Hackingssolution AT gmail DOT com all his secrets were exposed,how? they hacked into his phone and they sent me a link in where i could access is remotely from mine and i got all the evidence i needed for people to believe me and i also got deleted message,pictures etc from the past 8 months, this here is my testimony.ReplyDelete