This weekend got away from me, so we're doing some quick hits:
Highlights of the week:
* Andrew Bird - My Finest Work Yet: While My Finest Work Yet probably doesn't reach the heights of some of his best work, this new album from Andrew Bird still succeeds in doing the trick in providing a classic Bird experience with a lot of solid songs and great moments throughout.
* Tamaryn - Dreaming the Dark: Solid pop music that caught me my surprise.
* Lambchop - This (Is What I Wanted to Tell You): I've avoided Lambchop for some time, and after finally diving in on this minimalist approach, I just don't know why it took me so long. A great listen.
* American Football - LP3: I'm so glad they're back. This is at least as good as you think it should be, and is probably better.
* Allison de Groot and Tatiana Hargreaves - Allison de Groot and Tatiana Hargreaves: A truly solid bluegrass release this week. One of the better ones of recent memory.
* Sleeper - The Modern Age: First album in 20+ years from this alt-rock group. Somehow completely missed them this whole time, and I loved this.
* Spiral Stairs - We Wanna Be Hyp-No-Tied: Might be a little divisive among Stairs fans, but I dug this.
* Jenny Lewis - On the Line (A perfectly cromulent album that I will never choose to listen to again.)
* Ex Hex - It's Real (A good listen, but surprisingly reserved.)
* These New Puritans - Inside the Rose (Interesting electronic-style music.)
* Loose Wing - Loose Wing
* Emily Wells - This World is Too ____ For You
* Luther Dickinson and the Sisters of the Strawberry Moon - Solstice
* Strand of Oaks - Eraserland
* Lucy Rose - No Words Left
* Yawners - Just Calm Down
* Pikelet - Goodbye (Sneaky great.)
* Babehoven - Solemnis (Good band name, great music.)
* LPX - Junk of the Heart
* OG Swaggerdick - Pow!
* Kelsey Bulkin - Leucadia
* Sun June - Younger
* Hate Club - A Clear Mistake
* Wild Belle - Everybody One of a Kind
* Beat Circus - These Wicked Things
* Problem Daughter - Grow Up Trash
* The Sh-Booms - The Blurred Odyssey